With the history of Ben Jerry’s celebrity ice cream flavors, starting with Cherry Garcia and Phish Food and Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream, the name of Willie Nelson’s Peach Cobbler is disappointingly average. The Pulitzer Prize-winning Oregonian tries to counter the mediocrity with a celebrity ice-cream naming contest for a nominal prize. Here are my entries, don’t steal ’em.
1. Morrissey’s William, It Was Really Nothing Like Sherbet
2. Prince’s Purple Rain…Bow Sherbet
3. John Popper’s Blueberry Traveller- Now, with hidden arsenal flavor! or, John Popper’s Obese Gun Nuts.
4. Robert Smith’s Icing Sugar Smoothie ( a joke for the real ones)
5. Michael Richard’s N is for Nougat Swirl
6. Britney Spears’ Oops, I’m Nuts!
7. Marilyn Manson’s Mechanical Animal Crackers
8. Beck’s Mellow Golden Caramel
10. Prince’s Caramel-Colored Funk or Prince’s Under The Cherry Spoon
11. Nick Drake’s Pink Moon Pie
13. Snoop’s Doggy Chow
Postscript: Well, the results came out and the winner of a motorized ice-cream scooper was for “Dick Cheney’s Go Fudge Yourself.” I guess the world’s not ready for the truth!